Time management is not the ability to squeeze more hours into the day nor getting things done, but it’s about accomplishing the important.– Stephen .R. Covey.
Ways you can mange your time are as follows:
1. Stay focused: Time is the great equalizer, but it is how you use your time that will set you apart as a productive person. According to Peter Drucker, the father of modern management studies, if you have more than five goals, you actually have none since you aren’t focused. If you are going to add a goal to your list of five, he said, you must decide which of the original five to eliminate. Always focus on those things that are most important to you, rather than focusing on those things that are most urgent.
2. Start with what you have: To achieve greatness in life, you have to start where you are with what you have, to do what you can. Even though it seems to be insignificant. Stop waiting for more time that will never come. Instead, seize the opportunity you have to do what you can. You will then realize yourself not only taking about what you can do, but actually doing them.
3. Avoid over choice: Have you ever lay on your bed doing nothing except looking at the ceiling? It is not as if you have nothing to do but because you have too much to do and you don’t even know where to start from. And as a result of that, you ended you wasting precious time. Over choice makes one to feel tired and exhausted . It is the burden of all the things we are not doing that needs to be done that makes us to wish we have too many possibilities, but too little time. These can be corrected if only we say NO to Over choice!
4. Do not procrastinate: Sometimes we feel lazy, if we aren’t disciplined and no one is forcing us to do certain things, we can choose to be lazy and do nothing. Other reasons we procrastinate may be fear of failure. We are so afraid of doing the wrong thing that we choose to do nothing at all.
5. Eat healthily and do exercise: It is a clear fact that getting enough sleep, exercise and eating healthily boost energy level, clears the mind and also allow you to focus more easily. What can you do everyday that will produce the life you have always wanted to do? I urge you to pay the price and do it. You will find however, that it all starts and ends with goals.